Register your company for the Psychological Health Impact Group. Last day for Early Registration is January 31!
This 24-month action research project has been carefully designed by the joint efforts of AMHSA and the Howatt HR team to equip Alberta municipalities with the tools and knowledge to improve psychological health in our province’s workplaces.
Howatt HR is a Nova Scotia-based company that strives to bridge the gap between academic research and applied business solutions for organizations across Canada. Their mission is to transform the workplace experience so every employee walks into work with purpose – empowered, energized, safe and confident to handle whatever comes their way. Click here to find out more about our impact group coaches.
Excellence Canada is a not-for-profit corporation that is dedicated to advancing organizational performance across Canada. They are Canada’s national authority on Quality and Healthy Workplace practices, providing measurable standards and objective validation through its certification programs. There will be an option to become certified by Excellence Canada through participating in this impact group. https://excellence.ca/
What does commitment and application look like?
- Signed letter of participation by CAO
- 2 years with 6 meetings (7 full-day sessions)
- 2-3 participants per meeting
Who do we recommend participate?
- 1 person from your Leadership Team to demonstrate organizational commitment and with sufficient authority to implement / influence actions between Impact Group meetings
- 1 – 2 practitioners (Safety and / or Human Resources) who will implement or have governance over psychological health and respect in the workplace management systems
- Consider having a representative from your union / association (if applicable) attend in efforts to support organizational buy in and program success
How to Find Out More
Further Information and Resources. Click on each for more details.
What is this all worth to your organization?
1 Page Overview
Use this to bring to your SLT
4 Page Overview
Use this once you’re hooked and need more details
Detailed Program Outline
Click here to find out more details on each workshop during the program
Q&A with our Impact Coaches
Q&A with our Impact Coaches
Whitepaper – The Next Human Capital Management Trend
De-Siloing HRM and OHS to Achieve Integrated Worker Health
Frequently Asked Questions
Resources and budgets are tight, what are the Top 5 benefits from my organization participating in the Impact Group?
- Visible Leadership – Demonstrate Organizational Commitment to Employee Psychological Health
- Injury/Illness Prevention – Prevent Psychological Injuries (Alberta Labour 2019-2020 OHS System Priority)
- Financial Cost Containment – Disability (STD/LTD/WCB) & Absentee Rates
- Organizational Risk Management – OHS Due Diligence / Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Integrated Strategy – Develop a Mental Health Strategy that Integrates OHS, Respect in the Workplace, EFAP, Engagement, and Employee Experience using the Canadian Psychological Health National Standard (CSA-Z1003-13)
What would the cost be for my municipality if AMHSA did not contribute $125,000 ?
Depending on the number of participants, your cost would be approximately double that of the sliding scale participation costs.
I have some unused budget in 2019. Am I able to be invoiced for all or a part of this program, in 2019?
2020 revised budgets have impacted travel allowances, is it possible to participate virtually in scheduled 2020 Impact Group In-Person Workshops?
Yes. While we encourage participating municipalities to attend in-person to receive the most value, we are respectful of budget realities and will have optional Zoom / WebEx participation options for those not physically attending 2020 Impact Group Workshops.
As a participant in the Impact Group, is my municipality required to certify through Excellence Canada?
No. Certification in Excellence Canada’s Mental Health at Work program is only a participation value multiplier to municipalities, and is NOT mandatory.
2020 Project Roadmap
Early Bird Perks
Sign up before January 31st and enjoy 10 extra hours of support from the Howatt HR team, as well as:
- Early Adopter Login Access
- A pre-read package: a document that will outline the materials that will help you be prepared and successful for the project launch
- Resource library: exclusive access to Howatt HR promotional templates, e-books, and a library of useful articles that will be drawn on throughout the project
- Calendar: with impact group dates and meeting details
- Chatroom: to begin to build the community of like-minded professionals, before project launch
We will be adding many things over the coming months so please check back here frequently for what’s coming up with the Psychological Health Impact Group.
Register to be part of the Psychological Health Impact Group Now by calling 587-952-2268, emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below!